Hardness Testing is a non-destructive testing method used for obtaining the hardness values of a material.
1. Ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, and select non-metallic materials
2. Welds and weld overlays, weld heat affected zones (HAZ's), castings and forgings, piping, stress relieved material, machined parts, pressure vessels, and structural steel.
3. Damaged materials as part of a failure analysis
4. Welds and to verify material compliance to:
5. ASME Section IX
6. NACE MR0175/ISO 15156 requirements
1. Fast result and reporting to the client.
2. Field ready.
3. Highly portable tool and can be used in most locations.
1. Brinell hardness tests cannot be performed on thin material, in weld Heat-affected zones, and on surfaces where indentation are unacceptable such as finished machined surfaces.
Below are some pictures of inspection jobs conducted by Qualtech NDE: