Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement by using UT Crawler:
This type of inspection method is capable of detecting material thickness in different components. Ultrasonic thickness meter measures thickness of desired material by calculating the difference in time between ultrasonic pulse sent and received.
1. To determine the condition of internal and/or external corrosion or erosion in process piping and pressure vessels.
2. For new fabrication weld inspection to verify code compliance:
3. ASME Section V for pressure vessels
4. ASME B31.1 and B31.3 for piping
5. API 1104 for pipelines
1. Only one surface needs to be available
2. Easy to handle in field
3. Systems are portable and battery powered
4. No need of scaffolding, crawler can measure storage tank wall thickness and is capable of transmitting visual inspection data.
5. Non-hazardous to operations or other nearby personnel, and has no effect on material being inspected.
1. Parts that are rough, irregular in shape, or very small or thin are difficult to inspect
2. Surfaces must be cleared of any scale, loose paint etc. before inspection
Below are some pictures of inspection jobs conducted by Qualtech NDE: